Caroles Crafts Home Page Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts
Forum for anyone interested in Crafts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How is the revision going Lulu
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts Forum Index -> Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 27.08.07 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thats the same as at my college. I can take 1 AS Level along with my GCSEs. I was also thinking of taking GCSE Psychology so then I will know the basics when I take that as 1 of my AS/A levels
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 28.08.07 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lulu

That sounds a good plan. Can you do the Psychology GCSE in 1 year?

Are you starting college next week?

My son is really looking forward to 6th form and a bit nervous as well.

Janet Go Girl Go Girl
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 31.08.07 6:58 pm    Post subject: GOOD NEWS Reply with quote

Hi Janet,

It doesn't really matter now, whether you can do GCSE Psycology in a year or not, as I am allowed to do my A-Levels this year as I got a C in English Literature it wasn't that bad
So they are allowing me to do that and to do my GCSE English on a Monday instead of having a free day... So its all good Very Happy
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 01.09.07 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lulu

That is good news. Very Happy

I am sure you will find doing the English that way works out fine.

Good luck.

Now you can enjoy your crafting again without worry!!!

Janet
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 12.11.07 7:21 pm    Post subject: GCSE ICT GRADE Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have just found out that my GCSE ICT grade has been changed to a C (I still dont think this is high enough, but atleast it is better than a D!!!)
This is after months of my mum arguing with the exam board about the mark. It payed of in the end.

Who would have thought that A-Levels would be so hard... so much revision.
Ros Saunders
Corporal

PostPosted: 13.11.07 10:46 pm    Post subject: Lulu Reply with quote

Always take a look to see if anyone has posted and saw your recent posting Lulu. You did great in your exams well done , good news about the change of ICT result. How is the crafting going, Are you making things for Christmas?

Best wishes Ros
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 15.11.07 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You, I am happy with the results aswell.

The Crafting is going fine. I started a new knitting project last month, its still on going!!! I also have 2 big cross-stitches on the go (one is for someones birthday, anniversary or christmas whenever it is done by!) Laughing AND 1 small one that I havent done in a while as I got really confused.

I also decided to do some cross-stitch christmas cards. I have done 7 and got 1 left. Yay nearly finished one project.

I've got to much on the go... when will I learn Rolling Eyes
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 24.11.07 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lulu

Glad your ICT result has been raised.

My son is finding AS levels tough. Have you got any exams in January? He has one for Maths and one for Biology. It seems so soon to be doing an exam which counts towards your grades.

I am surprised you have been able to do so many cards in time for xmas, well done. I tried to do that once and only managed to get 1 finished in time Rolling Eyes !! Mind you if I had been able to knit or crochet them instead of cross stitch I would have got loads done.

Janet
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 25.11.07 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You, I am also very glad it has been raised, its not what I expected but its better than it was

Yes I am also finding it a bit tough as well.

I have a psychology exam in January, a couple of days after I come off holiday. I guess I will be doing some final revision on holiday Rolling Eyes

I didnít think I would get the cards done, but I still have one to do, I havenít got around to it yet! Razz ... they were only small designs so it didnít take much.

I donít seem to have much time for crafts at the moment as I am usually doing coursework or revision. The only time I donít is doing television programmes that I have to actually sit and watch; so I cant even do some then!!! Confused
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 28.03.08 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Janet, I hope your son got good grades in his January Exams, if he has heard back yet.

I have just heard back for my psychology, that I did in January, and I got a B Shocked, I found the exam quite easy but I still wasn't expecting it to be that high Razz ... I am not complaining though, as I think it is a brill result Laughing
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 11.04.08 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lulu

That is great news. Very Happy

Yes my son has got his results too and like you he is very pleased. He too just managed a B in both his Biology and his Maths. He is so happy. Now he has to start preparing for his Art exam Rolling Eyes which is just before his other exams in May.

Janet
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 15.05.08 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lulu

How are they going?

My son has done his Art and one of his General Studies so far.

He seems to think they went OK. Lots more to go though.

Janet
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 16.05.08 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my first one yesterday (maths), it went OK I think.

I had 2 today. IT (that seemed too easy Confused it was just copying one thing out of the document they gave you onto the exam paper. If I was doing it right that is Undecided ) I also had Psychology that went OK not as well as I thought but I still think I passed that's the main thing.

I then have one on Tuesday (Geography) then three after half term on the 2nd (GCSE English), 3rd (Maths Mechanics) and the 5th (GCSE English again!).

I really dont see the point of Maths Mechanics it is just the basics of Physics and I didn't like science at school Sad

But they will all soon be over, thats the way I'm looking at it anyway! Very Happy
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 22.05.08 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lulu

My son has had his Geography it was a bit like your Psychology he feels he could have done better but probably passed OK.
He has also had his Maths Mechanics and is convinced he failed. Says it was the worst exam he has ever done. Oh Dear. Sad

Now he has Biology and the last maths after half term at the begining of June.

Good luck

Janet
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 07.06.08 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Janet,

Quote:
He has also had his Maths Mechanics and is convinced he failed. Says it was the worst exam he has ever done.

I hope your son hasn't failed but I have to say that I do agree with your him there I didn't like my mechanics either and felt it was the worst out of the lot. Hopefully I did OK as if I do bad in that one but good in the other maths ones it will bring that mark down. Sad

I found that my Geography one went pretty well. (hopefully!)

Well mine are all over and done with and just have to wait for the results in August.
I have now started coursework for next year. Rolling Eyes Will I ever have time to do any cross stitching Laughing

I hope your son found his other exams OK which he did after half term and I hope he gets the results that he needs and wants
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: