Caroles Crafts Home Page Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts
Forum for anyone interested in Crafts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weather!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts Forum Index -> Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ros Saunders
Corporal

PostPosted: 12.05.07 4:21 pm    Post subject: Weather! Reply with quote

Hi to those of you who have introduced yourselves.
Isn't it a shame the weathers changed, got wet going for a walk today. Two weeks ago sitting in the sunshine doing my knitting, a white cable cardigan for my 12 week old grand daughter Astra.
What do you girls like knitting? I love doing baby/ todler clothes. I want to Knit my two Grand daughters, Boot Leg Kids anyone tried these?

Best Wishes Ros
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 13.05.07 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried the Boot Leg Kids but I have seen them.

I love knitting but hate sewing up so I tend to knit either larger items or small items in the round preferably on 4 needles rather than circluar ones.

I am knitting my 18 year old a plain 4ply v neck jumper at the moment. He is always cold whatever the weather which is great for an avid knitter!

Got no little ones to knit for but knit kiddies stuff for my church fairs aswell as scarves and hats.

What are you beading? That sounds interesting.

Janet
Ros Saunders
Corporal

PostPosted: 13.05.07 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Janet
My sister is over on holiday from Australia and is showing me how to bead. She has a craft shop in Australia and has won several prizes for her bead work, it is beautiful.
I have made 2 pairs of earings at an aproximate cost of 34p a pair. I am going to have a go at necklaces and when, if ever I get any good at it I will go for better quality beads. We are lucky as we have a bead shop in Hitchin.
I am also going to to stitching/bead cards, just downlaoded some free patterns to have a go at.

You are brave knitting 4 ply I find it takes so long, especially a jumper for an 18 year old. My son at Writtle College in Essex ( I see you are from Essex) I don't think he would wear a knitted jumper now.......thank goodnes I say Very Happy

By the way I hate sewing up too!
Best wishes Ros
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 15.05.07 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ros

Oooo! Your sister owns a craft shop! That sounds great, pity its in Australia but she can still tell you about new stuff that comes along.

Your beading sounds good, clever you. I have often thought that chunky bead necklaces would go with hand knitted garments. The ethnic look I guess.

As for the 4ply yarn. To be honest I prefer it. My fingers seem to work more quickly with the finer yarn than I can with thicker stuff. I do do DK as well of course but tend to avoid anything thicker unless I have to.
It is a good job we are all different, it means we all make more unique stuff.

Janet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: