Caroles Crafts Home Page Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts
Forum for anyone interested in Crafts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How is the revision going Lulu
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts Forum Index -> Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 06.09.09 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Janet

Same as you, I haven't been on for a long time, my computer doesn't seem to like going on the internet some of the time Confused

They are pretty good results... It's good that they allowed him in without the right grades.

I got my results the other day.

I got a C in Maths and Psychology and a D in AS Science

But I'm a bit down about my Psychology as for the 6 modules I got AABBBU!!! So I am resitting the one I got a U for and hopefully bump my grade up. Smile

No luck on the job front, I've applied for about 20 jobs and only got 2 replies which were no's Sad

So ??? I'm going to take a course that should help and also volunteer one day a week and get some more experience and from there really. Smile

I hope your son has fun at uni

Lucy
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 11.09.09 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lulu

Sorry to hear that your results didn't go as well as you would have liked. It is definitely worth resitting a module if you can. My son was disappointed with his C for Biology because like you he had BBDBE for his 6 modules. He was also really upset about his D for Art as he had got the feeling from his teachers that he was doing better than that. Still for him he has to just shrug it off and get on with uni now.

I thought you had done some volunteer work at schools. That can sometimes lead on to a job when one comes up. Did the replies that said no give any reason that would help?

Janet
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 17.09.09 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Janet

I feel just like your son, in some of the modules in maths I thought I was really understanding it and thought I did really well in the exam but came out with a low grade. But I've noticed that if I was to resit my 2 E's to get a low B overall I would have to get a really high B in both of them which I cant see happening so I'll just have to live with my low C... Still a C is still a C which is good. Smile

That is true, seenas he is at uni now he doesn't really need the higher grade if he still got into uni.

Yes I have boon alot of exerience in schools, and all the places that I was volunteering didn't need any other staff. The replys just said that they had had a lot of responses and unfortunatly I was unsuccessful.

I think it has to do with my age and that I havent actually had a paid job yet so whilst doing this course I am also going to see if I can get a job as a Lifeguard to just get a little money and actually have a job in my CV.

Just going to take it as it comes and hopefully get somewhere soon.

LuLu
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 21.09.09 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lulu

That sounds like a good idea. Any paid work on a CV is a good thing.

My son went off to uni yesterday. I feel very odd about it. Pleased and proud but sad too. I guess all mums feel that way when their youngest leaves home.

I shall have to throw myself into crafting!

Janet
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 14.10.09 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Janet

Sorry its taken a while to reply, hectic with my laptop deciding not to work

Anyway, thats what i was thinking trying to get a lifeguarding job, but no one employing at the moment so still looking whilst studying.

Is your son enjoying uni? Some of my friends have gone to uni and saying that they are enjoying it alot especially when the fresher events were on Smile

It must feel very strange when your used to having your son around and suddenly hes not there. Did he manage to get into halls? are they nice? my friends say their halls is not very nice Sad

I think that is a good idea, throwing yourself into crafting, keeping yourself busy Smile

LuLu
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 03.11.09 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lulu

I do feel quite strange without my son here. I actually have 2 sons, the older one has been at uni for a while and is now doing the last year of a 4 year course.

I have been keeping very busy though as I am decorating the bedroom of the son who has just gone off to uni. He told me what colours he wanted before he went and I am now about half way through doing it.

He seems to be quite happy. He is in hall but it is a block of self catering flats. He has his own room and shares the kitchen with 7 other students. That seems to suit him well.

I am looking forward to them both coming home at Xmas though. Just keeping busy, work in the morning, decorating in the afternoons and knitting or cross stitching in the evenings!
I started a cross stitch picture for Xmas last year and I am hoping to actually finish it for this Xmas.

What are you crafting now you have a bit more time on your hands?

Janet
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 04.11.09 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Janet,

Blimey it must be quite then if you are used to more people about the house. At least you can decide what to watch on TV Very Happy

Is your oldest son coming home after uni? then at least it wont be too quite Smile

I think it's good to keep busy as then you havent got as much time to miss them. Is it a big x-stitch that you are doing? got any lined up for after that one?

That is not too bad then is it only having to share with 7, but making his own food, hows he handling that? my friend isn't she doesnt like cooking and my other friend in halls is sharing a kitchen with 36 people at weekends, thats way too many i think!!

Lets hope you get it finished for then. fingers crossed Smile

I havent actually had alot of time on my hands for crafting as the course I am doing at college requires ALOT of work, loads of assignments already, already on my second assignment with another lurking in the background for after I finish this one.

Hopefully soon I will have time to do some crafting, i recently finished a John Barrowman x-stitch for my mum as she loves him so much it wasnt very big but big enough Smile
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 04.11.09 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lulu

Sounds like you are being kept very busy. No stitched Xmas cards then this year I suppose.

The cross-stitch I am doing is Celtic Xmas from the Celtic Ladies series. It is quite big but it is all the beads and metallic thread that takes the time. It is going to look very good when it is done though.

After that I have another picture lined up that I was given 2 xmases ago. It is called Magnificent Seven and is 7 dogs with cowboy hats and guns. Sounds odd I know but looks fun.

As to if my eldest will come home after uni, I do not know. He is extermely brainy and is I think looking at doing a PhD after graduating so I will have to wait and see.

Janet
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 21.11.09 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Janet.

Sorry it took a while to reply, I thought I had replyed but none here so obviously not Smile darn college computers Smile.

Yes unfortuatly I am very busy. no there will be no x-stitched cards this year, they will have to make do with shop brought ones Very Happy

I think i have seen some of them in a magazine and think that series looks good. Never tried cross-stiching with beads or metallic thread, thought about it but thought it would be too hard, so have been putting the design off. Sad I bet it will look really good once finished.

Well you have good a lot to keep you busy. Dogs with guns and hats does sound funny. Laughing

Wow very brainy doing a PHD. Good luck to him Smile you'll have to play the waiting game, and see Smile
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 07.12.09 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lulu

Well it looks like I will not get it finished in time. I only have a bit to do now but it is the bottom of the lady's skirt and has lots of gold metallic thread so I know it is going to take too long. Rolling Eyes Still at least I know I will have it all ready and framed to go up for next Christmas! Very Happy

Wishing you a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.

Janet
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 08.12.09 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Janet

Sad thats a shame. but I recon it will still look good, better to take time than rush it then it will look fab especially in a frame Smile

I will be revising for 2 exams this christmas and got an assignment to do as well. O well still be a good christmas Very Happy

You too, Hope you have a good christmas and new year. Cheers
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 09.01.10 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lulu

That is tough! Will your exams still go on if the snow continues?

I have only just started getting back to normal after the Xmas break.
My school is one of the few that has stayed open in my area despite the snow.

My younger son has to go back to Uni today and my hubby has just gone off with him in the car with blankets, a thermos and a shovel. I hope they don't need any of them!
My older son needs to go back to his uni some time over the next few days, preferebly tomorrow, so the snow couldn't have come at a worse time really. Normally I would love the snow but right now it is a bit of a worry. Sad

Janet
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 12.01.10 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Janet

Yes my exams will continue Neutral not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing Very Happy

I hope that your son go to Uni Ok without having to use any of them and that your husband made it back ok

Yes I usually love the snow but now that I drive its sometimes annoying as I dont want to get stuck in a blizzard and hope that the roads are not too icy, luckily it seemed to have warmed up now Smile
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 20.01.10 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lulu

Hope your exams have been going OK. Shocked

My hubbie got both sons to their unis OK. He didn't need his blanket etc but did have a problem with the windscreen washers freezing on one trip.

Janet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: