Caroles Crafts Home Page Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts
Forum for anyone interested in Crafts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Incorrect pattern

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts Forum Index -> How do I?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacqueline
Private

PostPosted: 21.08.07 9:56 am    Post subject: Incorrect pattern Reply with quote

I have this old 70s aran dress pattern but part of it doesn't work, can anyone help. It is 21 stitches.

Row 1 K.B.1 P.3 K.2 (P.4, K2) Twice P.3
Row 2 P.B.1 K.3 Tw2F (K.4 Tw2F) Twice K.3
Row 3 K.B.1 P.2 (Tw2F.K Tw2B.P P2) 3 Times
Row 4 P.B.1 (K.2 P.1) 6 Times K.2
Row 5 K.B.1 P.1 (Tw2FK P.2 Tw2B.P) 3 Times P.1
Row 6 P.B.1 K.1 P.1 (K.4 Tw2F) Twice K.4 P.1 K.1
Row 7 K.B.1 P.1 Tw2B.P. (P.2 Tw2F.K Tw2B.P) Twice
P.2 Tw2F.K. P.1
Row 8 P.B.1 (K.2 P.1) 6 Times K.2
Row 9 K.B.1 (P.2 Tw2B.P Tw2F.K) 3 Times P.2

It seems strange that you Twist stitches on the back as well as the front. It's supposed to form a diamond pattern. can anyone help?

Jacqui
bee
Corporal

PostPosted: 24.08.07 8:32 pm    Post subject: Incorrect pattern Reply with quote

Hi Jacqueline

It is very strange. In all the years that I have been knitting cables that I have known that you can knit cables on the wrong side. Also looking at the pattern the wrong side is on the odd rows and the pattern on thr right side. Does the pattern start on the wrong side?

I would be tempted to juggle the pattern around. You have an idea of how the pattern should be could you work it out. It's a bit difficult to try and work it out without knitting it.

I am going to try something and I will get back to you.

Bee Very Happy
bee
Corporal

PostPosted: 24.08.07 9:02 pm    Post subject: Incorrect pattern Reply with quote

Hi Jacqueline

I have knitted the nine rows and the pattern seems ok. I did exactly what the pattern said and I could see the diamond pattern forming nicely.

Try it and see.

Bee Very Happy
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 26.08.07 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jacqueline and Bee

I have once done a pattern where some of the travelling/twisted stitches were done on the back as well. It worked out OK but I must say I found it tough going and had to keep a very good record of what row I was on to keep it correct.

Janet Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts Forum Index -> How do I? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: